Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water test results from Leslie's pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Water test results from Leslie's pool

So it seems to me I'm getting better control of the pool but they say my phosfrate are high but pools clear n been working it since Fathers day on my own.my attachment won't load for some reasons but all my numbers are within the proper parameters.Eventually I'm guessing with the chlorine this will start to drop any ideas fac 4ppm, tac 4 ppm, ch320, cya 60, ta 90, ph7.4, cop 0, ir 0, tds900, but my phone 1000
    17k g, IG free formed, plaster/bella blue,varaible pump, cartridge filter, with water feature.New build 6/17/15 builder set start up and pump filter cleaning time. Runs 12am-2am clean cycle runs 2750 rpms n from 2am-8am 1200 rpms

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water test results from Leslie's pool

The only reason I let Leslie's test my water is to use my $5 coupons for a getting a "free" water test. My phosphates with them run from 100 to 500 as in lots of variability. I was getting those numbers when the pool was FRESHLY filled after a replaster so I know the result you get them can depend on what their commission on the sale is.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Water test results from Leslie's pool

The phosphate level is irrelevant. It's a food for algae to consume. if you have a proper FC level, there is no algae.
    according to the CYA/FC chart, the minimum FC level for a CYA of 60 is 5. at 4, you run a good risk of getting algae.

All of this assumes that their tests are accurate. which, as thread after thread here will show, is not the case. if as you say, you really want to get better control of your pool, get yourself a quality test kit.

But, if you are going to use their numbers, the number all look pretty good except that low FC level. you can use pool math calculator to check. Play with it! Set your pool volume, and at the bottom set trouble free site as the reference. Then put your test results in the left column
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir

4. Back To Top    #4

Water test results from Leslie's pool

My numbers seem to be better n I have a decent test kit but not this sites recommended. Not yet.Thanks for the info
    Attached Images Attached Images
    17k g, IG free formed, plaster/bella blue,varaible pump, cartridge filter, with water feature.New build 6/17/15 builder set start up and pump filter cleaning time. Runs 12am-2am clean cycle runs 2750 rpms n from 2am-8am 1200 rpms