Anyone know a breakdown of pool costs?

My PB's gunite crew didn't charge him extra for stuff like benches...until after our pool. Ha. We have a lot of bench space. I don't see a lot of discussion on the question here but the price also doesn't seem outrageous. Also depends how big the bench is and what depth the pool is there. The deeper the area the more gunite is used.

I know this table isn't as nice, but it might be an option. Even better, I just started looking, so maybe there is something nicer out there. Then your big expense would be only the bench. Another option is finding out how to do your own and using a similarly concrete-weighted base they mention. The experts here could really help you on how to construct a table. Get more specific in your title - "How to DIY a table in the pool" or something specific like that. The creative people here love a challenge, but many of them may pass by your thread. They aren't interested in giving costs of pool features. (I mean this in a most positive way to be helpful, but it sounded better in my head than it looks in type!! Using my words this morning is troublesome. Lol!!)

Relaxtion Station Pool Lounge Swimming Pool Table with Umbrella and LED Option and Stools | AugHog Products - AHP Outdoors The best in beach and backyard accessories

Another thought.... let your PB know what you might do to save costs. Some of these guys don't want anything added to 'their' pool that might cheapen the look (in their opinion). He might come down in price.

Suz.

This option is for a table on the tanning ledge, but the principle should work for you. Have your builder put in something like an umbrella sleeve where you want the table and then add length to the pole in this or another table you pre-buy.

Amazon.com: inter-fab removable table kit for swimming pool tanning ledges

Some of these possibilities may lead to other options.
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
He definitely seems hesitant to do it which is making me nervous. He said the gunite is what is making it so $$

How can you slip him directions without offending???? I still don't understand how a pedestal made of gunite could cost that much. What were the tubes called mentioned in the Houzz article (sigh, my memory)? Maybe those are really expensive or he doesn't know where to get them or WHAT to do with them.

There's got to be a way - reasonable cost - to do this. For Pete's sake, you are BEFORE gunite.
Suz.

The tube is a well known item for cement work. The link you posted said and showed that they put rebar up from the bottom, put the tube over them and poured the cement into the tube. I guess they fill it with the gunite stuff . It cannot be that much more.

BUT I bet it is like Suz said "I really do not want to do it so I will push the price up so far she will back off"

Kim

You never know how he will act if you show him a pic and ask again with a plate of cookies or brownies!

Kim

Don't let that worry you about whether or not your PB is sweet. I think Kim's point is for you to try to find something that will soften him or make him sweeter. Maybe a case of beer would do. You mentioned in one post that ya'll attend the same something or other. Maybe you could find someone who knows him and would have a suggestion for an 'appreciation' gift. It might be anything. Has he ever mentioned a dog? Hunting? Golfing? His own pool? A plate of barbeque? His truck?

You can figure something out!
Suz.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.