Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First test in South Jersey New Build!!

1. Back To Top    #1

First test in South Jersey New Build!!

Pool testing
    Free chlorine 2ppm
    Combined chloroquine a 1.0
    Total
    Chlorine 3.0
    Calcium hardness 200ppm
    Total alkalinity 100
    Cya - never didn't see black dot

Basic kit:
    PH 8.2
    Chlorine 1-2
    New Build started April 2015, 20x30x40 Lagoon Style Vinyl (indigo marble/blue granite), 27,500 GAL, IG, 839 square feet, 9' tanning ledge/baja shelf, 9' radial bench, 8' classic Waterfall, 3'6" to 8'Depth, Sand, Pentair 2 speed Superflow 1 1/2 HP, SWS, 2 Pentair LED Intelibright 5 G lights, Pentair Legend Platinum II pool cleaner, 2 skimmers, 3 returns. 1080 square feet of Silver Slate stamped concrete.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First test in South Jersey New Build!!

I think you know this but I will lower the pH to 7.2, raise the CYA to 30 and slam, how is your water?
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Congratulations on the new build! We would love to see some pictures if you get a chance

Test results sound like a typical fresh fill. The CC is probably just from the water that filled it, a lot of municipalities chloromines nowadays. So your next steps are to adjust your pH and get some stabilizer in there. How are you going to be chlorinating your new pool?
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

They put about 20 bags of salt in the pool (pb) before I even got home. Since then we had two storms and they emptied half the pool to do a repair on the step.

I think I have to get the cya even higher than 30
    Right? Since salt water...

The pb gave me stabilizer - I have touched any of their chemicals. There is something for everything

New Build started April 2015, 20x30x40 Lagoon Style Vinyl (indigo marble/blue granite), 27,500 GAL, IG, 839 square feet, 9' tanning ledge/baja shelf, 9' radial bench, 8' classic Waterfall, 3'6" to 8'Depth, Sand, Pentair 2 speed Superflow 1 1/2 HP, SWS, 2 Pentair LED Intelibright 5 G lights, Pentair Legend Platinum II pool cleaner, 2 skimmers, 3 returns. 1080 square feet of Silver Slate stamped concrete.

5. Back To Top    #5

well if you have to slam I will not go higher than 30, later after you pass the slam of course I will raise CYA up to 70
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart