Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to TFP and buying a TF-100 Test Kit, anything else I should add to my order?

1. Back To Top    #1

New to TFP and buying a TF-100 Test Kit, anything else I should add to my order?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and joined because I'm tired of having Leslie's Pool decide what chemicals I should be adding to my pool (and reading about the cons of adding Chlor Brite to my pool, which is what they always recommend me to add).

Anyways, I've decided to buy the TF-100 Test Kit, as this site recommends, and I'm wondering what extras I should consider adding to my order? My pool is uses a SWG, if that matters. My pool is an in-ground pool in Phoenix, AZ, 12,000 gallon.

Thanks for any feedback and I look forward to learning a lot more!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to TFP and buying a TF-100 Test Kit, anything else I should add to my order?

Welcome to TFP!!

Well, now that you ask - I also have the SpeedStir and Sample Sizer. They speed testing and accuracy.

A salt test in never a bad ting to have.....
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New to TFP and buying a TF-100 Test Kit, anything else I should add to my order?

As Tim suggested, definitely get the speed stir and XL size option. Also, keep a good umbrella handy since you are in the microwave capital of the country for heat. I was at Luke for 6 years, I know.

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome!

I wish I had purchased the XL reagents. I'm a tester! I agree with tim5055 the SpeedStir is great. It only takes going thru one SLAM to prove it's worth.

ccsott,

Don't forget to set up your signature so these fine folks can give you a hand!

Rodney
    17K Gallon,IG Vinyl,1hp Pentair Challenger,Pentair TA60 Sand Filter, Hayward Colorlogic,Re-lined 06-20-15, TF-100,SpeedStir,Lagunitas and Margaritas. Zappafan Pool Build

5. Back To Top    #5

I got the XL option and glad I did. Speedstir is excellent. I will be ordering an extra magnet or two for that. It really makes sampling consistent. I like the sample sizer idea as well.

Ryan
    41' x 16' x 5' IG, 25 000 gallon, cement, tile w/epoxy grout. Overflow/negative edge style. Pentair 4048 DE, Hayward 2 hp Single Speed, Pentair 320 Auto Chlorinator, 1.5 hp Blower f/Jacuzzi, TF-100, city/well (in pool) water option. Located in Panama.