Adding large amounts of liquid chlorine question

May 19, 2015
Prairieville, LA
I've read on here that it is best to put your chemicals into the deep end of the pool because that's where the returns are located. When adding large amounts of liquid chlorine could this bleach or discolor my plaster? If so, is there a better method? Or I don't have anything to worry about. It just concerned me. Thanks

You will routinely see us posting that we pour contents "slowly" near a return with the pump circulating/mixing the chemicals for at least 30 minutes. Some liquid chemicals are heavier that water, so even brushing can help to ensure it get dissipated. But not everyone's returns are at the deep end. My return jets are in the shallow end, and my skimmer in the deep end. Still, if you follow these procedures you should have no problems at all. This applies to all types of pools (plaster, fiberglass, vinyl, etc).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.