Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dead Bird + Pool Party

1. Back To Top    #1

Dead Bird + Pool Party

Just got a call from the Mrs. The kids had some friends over & while swimming, they found a dead bird in the pool. They were concerned it may not be safe to continue swimming, so I walked her through the FC / CC test and it was 3.5 PPM FC and 0 CC, so I gave it an all-clear. Is there anything else to consider here?

16,661 gal IG PebbleTec w/ Spa; 60 ft2 Jandy DE filter, 2 HP Jandy Variable Speed pump; 2 skimmer; 400K BTU Jandy heater; Polaris Sport; opened 9/15/14; TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dead Bird + Pool Party

Whether it's large enough to make a mid afternoon bbq snack?

Ryan
    41' x 16' x 5' IG, 25 000 gallon, cement, tile w/epoxy grout. Overflow/negative edge style. Pentair 4048 DE, Hayward 2 hp Single Speed, Pentair 320 Auto Chlorinator, 1.5 hp Blower f/Jacuzzi, TF-100, city/well (in pool) water option. Located in Panama.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Dead Bird + Pool Party

Shouldn't be a problem for you. For the bird - YES. I don't know your CYA to match the appropriate FC level, but perhaps consider (just for peace of mind) bumping-up your FC slightly today/this evening after the kids are done. Other than that, enjoy your swimming season.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!