Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello everyone

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello everyone

Just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. My name is Dave & I live in rural upstate NY.

I finished setting up my wooded 26' octagon above ground pool last week & it was filled Monday. As soon as the water clears I look forward to watching my kids enjoy it

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello everyone

Welcome Dave!

I had a friend who once built a Home made pool like that out of plywood. Hope you stick around and enjoy the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP Dave! Happy o to have you. Make your way around the site and/or check-out the links you will see in many of our signatures. Speaking of which ....when you get a chance, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.

Final question ....... drum roll please ..... do you have a TF-100 or Taylor K-200 test kit?
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Just did the signature. i dont have that kit yet but will in the future
    Dave

26' wooden octagon AGP l 48" wall height l 175# sand filter l 1.5 HP Hayward pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Excellent! Maybe post a pic one day. Curious to see your wooden octagon set-up. Enjoy your swimming season!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

I will post a pic or 2 after water clears. i just started a new thread to address that issue
    Dave

26' wooden octagon AGP l 48" wall height l 175# sand filter l 1.5 HP Hayward pump

7. Back To Top    #7

here's a few pics as requested
    IMG_1448.jpgIMG_1458.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave