Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Moderate area of moist soil left side of pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Moderate area of moist soil left side of pool

Had new pool plumbing installed and new pavers placed around entire pool. Now see moderate area of moist soil left of pool. It doesn't appear as though I am losing water from pool. It seems more prominent after rinsing was done by pool guy after he did a power vac due to paver debris. Any thoughts out there.
    In ground pool owner sand bottom. Measurements of pool 16 X 32. Recently installed a new liner, hayward super pump VS, Aqua Plus chlorination with salt and a solar heater. In process of installing pavers around pool have a diving board and steps with jets.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Moderate area of moist soil left side of pool

Is the wet soil anywhere near the area where your water returns to the pool (i.e. return jets)? Does the plumbing run on that side of the pool?
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

The water on soil isn't near the return jets and the plumbing does run along that side of pool. The wet soil is on left side of pool near deep end. Pool guys installed new plumbing before pavers came and they said they checked everything and we gave the pavers an ok to start. We did have a leak a few weeks ago and the pool guys had to drop the water level and repair the seals where the jets are near steps. I am very frustrated especially since pool company encouraged us to replace old equipment and we did and everyday there is another problem.
    In ground pool owner sand bottom. Measurements of pool 16 X 32. Recently installed a new liner, hayward super pump VS, Aqua Plus chlorination with salt and a solar heater. In process of installing pavers around pool have a diving board and steps with jets.

4. Back To Top    #4

How many days have passed since the power vac?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!