Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Patio with natural sunlight skylights?

1. Back To Top    #1

Patio with natural sunlight skylights?

Does anyone know who makes these systems? My neighbor has one but doesn't remember who installed it. They look like fluorescent light fixtures, but they're actually natural sunlight skylights. It's hard to google info about them since it just turns up results about roofing skylights.

They look like this:

36 x 16 IG, SWG, FAFCO Solar Heating System, WetEdge Primera Stone Sky Blue Treasure, 8.5' - 3.5' depth, 6' S.R. Smith Flyte-Deck II Dive Stand, Interfab X-Stream slide, 27k gallons, doggy tanning ledge w/ 2 bubblers, 2.75 Hayward Tristar pump, Hayward 425 cart filter, Hayward ColorLogic 4.0 light, Dolphin Z5

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Patio with natural sunlight skylights?

Sorry you have not received a reply. I cannot help with your issue. Even on this VERY busy forum, there are sometimes questions that no one has a good answer for. Your's might be one of them.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Mendon, MA

Re: Patio with natural sunlight skylights?

Have you contacted Great Day Improvements, LLC?
    Not sure from the picture what material they are. They could be a frosted glass, acrylic, polycarbonate, or something else.

I did a couple of web searches, and I would advise you look at greenhouse web sites, they use a number of materials for roofing. You should be able to get some specs about thickness etc that you need. From there, I would search for plastic sheets, acrylic sheets, or polycarbonate sheets.

Home Depot carries a number of plastic sheet type materials, acrylic and polycarbonate. This one at first pass looks similar to what you show in your picture.
    OPTIX 48 in. x 96 in. x 1/8 in. Frosted Acrylic Sheet-MC-107 - The Home Depot

However, I am no builder. Hope some of this is helpful.
    18' to 29' wide by 37' long, 22K gal, Lagoon Free form, vinyl lined, in ground Pool with SWG, Hayward Cartridge 175 Filter, 3/4 HP Tri-Star, Gas fired 300 BTU heater