Inground Quote in Norfolk VA,

zaxs

Apr 30, 2011
Norfolk Va Here is the Quote. I don't know if it's proper to name the company and the installer on here. If anyone has had a pool installed in the Hampton Roads area please let me know if you have recommendations or horror stories.

$26,000
14X30 in ground 3.5' to 7' depth with 3ft concrete deck included. I will be adding more to fill the area out to 5ft all the way around.
Included Duraguard Riviera liner
Steel wall
three returns
two skimmers
main drain
channel overflow drain along the house
Hayward Pro-Grid D.E. filter
Hayward Max-Flo XL Medium Head Pump. Not sure if it's the dual or single speed.
Deck fitting for water feature.
filter backwash plumbing has to be connected to city sewer.
Upgrade to Colorlogic LED pool light +600
Hayward Aquarite Salt chlorination system +2000
My wife has bad knees and I have heard that I can take a portion of the install off my taxes if her doctor writes a prescription for a pool.
I'm thinking about having a dedicated Vacuum port added.
So $28,600 I'm probably going to be closer to 30,000 with the added concrete
Is 2" PVC the recommended size for plumbing? I am not sure what she is using yet.

thanks for looking
Chris

I don't have the experience to comment on any specs, and I don't know anything about vinyl pools except I love the variety of beautiful liners.

But.... I have mobility issues, so step heights (risers) were very important to me. You guys have probably already thought about steps, but I thought I'd post a reminder just in case. My steps in the pool are between 5.5 to 6"s in height which helps me out a lot.

Congratulations on getting a pool! I'm especially excited for your wife. When I'm in a pool, I feel most normal walking and moving around, and it helps me build strength.

Take care, and let us know if we can answer any other questions!
Suz.

2" PVC plumbing is fine. would push to have the floor drains plumbed separate from the skimmer, should be standard but worth asking. additional returns are never a bad thing either. two skimmers is fine.

+$600 seems like a lot for the lighting upgrade. you can buy color changing replacement LED bulb and controller for under $200. could just swap out after construction if they put standard bulbs. there are LED bulbs that are under $100 with no controller that use just use the switch to toggle thru colors.

what size salt cell are they putting in? T-15? coming up with around 18-20k gallons so definitely need the T-15

for the pump, make sure to get a two speed pump.

Dan she said that she does plumb the floor separate from the skimmers and I believe she is plumbing the skimmers separate from each other as well. According to the documentation the T-9 works up to 25K Gallons. Is the Sense and Dispense worth it?

Dan she said that she does plumb the floor separate from the skimmers and I believe she is plumbing the skimmers separate from each other as well. According to the documentation the T-9 works up to 25K Gallons. Is the Sense and Dispense worth it?

definetly need to T-15, dont get the T-9. the gallons they are rated for are nonsense. you want at least 2x the size of your pool, but bigger is always better for minimal cost

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.