Hola! 1st timer here!

Jul 6, 2015
Eastvale, Ca.
Hello everybody,

My Name is Gerry and I live in Eastvale, Ca. My pool was just completed on 6/29/15.
I came across this site while researching "pool care" tips. I plan on maintain the pool myself (will see how long this lasts):D
This site appears to be loaded with knowledgeable and helpful people, so I'm sure I'll do just fine.

My sig is a bit incomplete but I will finalize it once I'm home with all the details.

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

Understand, we are considered on the fringe because we don't take the pool store "experts" word as gospel. We teach a system based on accurate testing and only adding what the pool needs, when it needs it. To do that you need your own accurate test kit. I would say go ahead and order a TF100 test kit, as it is the best value for a residential pool out there. That will probably give you enough reagents for a couple of years normal use which kind of works out to the life span of the chemicals anyway.

While optional, I also have the SpeedStir and Sample Sizer. They speed testing and accuracy.

Welcome! I second what tim5055 says. Buying a test kit and doing my own additions made me a believer. I haven't been into a pool store in 2 years! Read up in pool school... If you need proof our methods work, read through some threads where people ask for algae help and see how the pictures go from swamp to sparkling clear water!