California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC4 (RC-52)
I want to add a step ladder to our deep end inground pool (currently no ladder) So, looking at the basic 3 step ladders...do these just anchor from the top deck? and are they difficult to install?? My husband is deployed so I'm taking on some projects...just got done tiling our foyer :)
I'm dreaming of warm weather and was thinking I could add the ladder myself. any thoughts or advice??

thanks,
chris

You'll need some sort of an anchor to attach the ladder to. You can either remove some concrete and set them in place like you would with new construction, or bolt them onto the top of the existing concrete.

Since you're doing this after the fact it might be difficult to connect your ladder to your bonding grid, especially if you use the bolted down deck flange. SR Smith makes a whole line of products called SealedSteel that work around this problem. They have plastic anchors and coated ladders so no bonding is required, but the anchors do require taking up some concrete.

Here are the two different basic types of anchors:
Flush with deck:
PE8360B.JPG

On top of deck:
PE8374B.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.