DrCrimzon, Hello to all

drcrimzon

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
Ocala, FL
Just wanted to drop in an say Hi to everyone, I've been lurking for a few weeks after getting my first pool, and moving to TFPC.

The information I've found in the past few weeks, and change of the pool in that amount of time has been dramatic. I had to become a supporter, even though it's annoying that I can see every grain of sand, stray hair and imperfection in the plaster, I have never seen such a clear pool. Waiting on my TF-100, and have been using an AquaChem 5 way kit the previous owner left for me. I can't wait to have accurate numbers to get it even clearer.

Loving the site.

Currently: 6 FC, 7.8 pH, 110 TA, 310 CH, 50 CYA, In Central Florida with a screened / no shade pool, running pump from 7AM-4PM (Tried to drop to 2PM, but doesnt appear to be enough with the 3/4hp pump).

Welcome to TFP, Mike! :wave:

Glad you found us and you have the best kit available on the way.

Another thought on saving money while keeping good clarity is to run your pump in a couple different sessions. 3 hours early morning, 3 hours late evening. Easy if you have a timer but not so much if you're flipping a switch. This is even more important if you have different electric rates for different times of the day. Even if they do not, I know in the summer months in Florida the peak demand times for electricity are about 1 - 7 pm. If you can avoid that time window it's better for everyone.

Happy swimming!