Target FC

wjaneala

LifeTime Supporter
May 17, 2015
Cullman, AL
So, now that I have my pool properly SLAMed, I'm a little paranoid about letting the FC get too low.

Here are my current numbers:

pH: 7.8
CYA: 40
TA: 110
FC: 6.5
CC: 0

Based on these, my target FC is 5. So, knowing the blazing sun is going to eat up some FC tomorrow, should I go ahead and add more bleach tonight? Is it unrealistic/unwise to aim for a higher daily FC in order to avoid never falling under the lowest acceptable FC of 3 for my CYA?

Thanks.

Not at all and it's a good practice that the more experienced members usually adhere too. I do, and if you try it, you'll find it works, and it will keep you well out of trouble. Good thinking, you're certainly getting a feel for this and heading in the right direction. :goodjob:

Good, you should be paranoid about chlorine dropping too low. :) I wish everyone were! We would have a lot less green pools!

I would keep your chlorine at 6-7 on a regular basis. If you know that there is going to be lots of swimming bump it up to 8-9 before and after the big swim time. And if it is lots of people check again in 2 or 3 hours and bump it up one more time.

We have sustained week long vacation all day pool days many days in a row like this with no cloudiness ever. With 10 or 12 people in the pool all day starting at 10 ppm of FC we can drop to 2 or 3 sometimes, back to 10 and then down to 3 or 4 a few hours later and back to 10 again. And that is with SWG running the whole time. People use up chlorine.

Remember it is safe to swim with FC up to shock level for your cya. We had to SLAM a few weeks ago and we swam for hours each day for a week and a half with FC in upper 20s and CYA at 70. Kids did not notice or complain and it was fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.