The Taylor #4088 CYA test tube the same as the Pentair #79 S/N R151226 CYA test tube?

Completely different. What pictures did you find that look the same? The Pentair uses a sliding dot apparatus that does not really resemble the Taylor view tube.

Taylor's description......."4088 Cylinder, CYA w/ movable slide to measure CYA, plastic"

I am talking about the sliding dot on both....if you search the Taylor web site (part #4088) it looks 'identical' to the Pentair #79 S/N R151226.

The pictures of the Pentair model are on Amazon as well as many pool supply web sites and the picture of the Taylor is on the Taylor web site.

Just curious, why are you looking for these types when you list the 2005&6 Taylor kits in your sig?

For myself, if this test tube will be more accurate for me, then that is what I want. This test for myself is hard to determine exactly how much CYA I have and I want to be as accurate as I can, with CYA being such an important part of maintaining ones pool.

I have tried the K2005/K2006, and tube from the TF100, now I will try this one.....

It seems one can be off as much as 10% or 20% or even more.....I tried the Taylor 50/ standard as many have, I get 30, that is off by 40% for myself....so if I think I have 50, I really could have 40 or 60 or 30. If one tries to maintain a higher CYA, how far off could it be?

Will it be more accurate for me, I have no idea, I will have to try it and see, and even then I really don't know if the numbers I would get would be right......may be just a peace of mind thing.

I have a trick for you to try. Put the 50% standard in the tube, to the 50% point. Walk around the house and yard until you can't see the dot. That place is where you need to go to read your pool CYA. Problem solved? I know that's what I would do.

But isn't that the point? The 50% is 50% not some arbitrary value. It is a known in this equation. The unknown is your ability to read it for 50% so adjust the variables to get 50% the variables are height above tube. direction of windows in tube. lighting. Adjust those until you get 50%.

Another way to think of it is this. I have a paint chip. It is Pantone #032c RED If you are in a place that has bluish light what color would you see? Does that mean the chip is not Pantone #032c RED? No. It just means you aren't in the right place to see it properly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is the Taylor #4088 CYA Test tube and the Pentair #79 S/N R151226 CYA Test tube the same tube?

The pictures I find look the same, I searched here as well as Goggle for the answer, anyone here know?

Thanks

FWIW info....I found the answer to my question, the Taylor #4088 CYA Test tube is the same identical test tube used in the Pentair #79 S/N R151226 CYA Test kit.

Also, the CYA test I did using the Pentair solution gave the same results as the Taylor solution....are the solutions the same, I have no idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.