Hayward pump runs, cuts off, then won't run

Keithb

Sep 28, 2014
Wharton County, Texas
Our pump is a TriStar Variable Speed 1.85 hp pump.

My wife called me yesterday and said there was a 66 error on our Hayward OnCommand controller and the main circulation pump wasn't running and appeared it lost prime. She cut the power off for a few minutes and then it cleared up. Today she calls me and the main circulation pump was cutting on, running for a bit then cutting off. When I got home, I saw a VSC Err: 70. I was able to let it run on low speed for a while, but it would not run on high speed without cutting off. It ran on low speed for a while before it shut off. I checked voltage and there is 240v, even when the water feature pump was running so voltage is now being drawn down.

I can't find an explanation of that error anywhere. All other functions work off of the PS4 such as the water feature pump, the blower for the spa, etc.

When I turn the filter on, I hear a clicking on the heater, the display cuts on the heater, but the pump doesn't click or come on.

Anyone ever experience this? Thank you in advance.

When in use with an OnCommand, they remove the control panel on the motor itself since it's controller by the automation. I've spoken to the PB and they are supposed to create a ticket for repair.

I have been running our water feature pump periodically just to keep the water circulating. The bad part was it took 3 days to actually get a hold of someone to get the issue resolved. Hopefully they can make it out there soon as I don't want my water chemistry to get messed up.

Well, that's stinky :( They didn't even leave it with you so you could put it back on if needed? You're model could also be entirely different, but my Pro Logic also disables most on-board controls but the Pause/Resume still works and the display still works to quickly see speed and power usage and more detailed errors. I searched for the VSC err:XX and it's an error relaying an error from the pump itself though so it looks like COMM is working and the pump itself likely does have a problem.

The PB service replaced the pump. My wife later said she got a VSC error of 65 or 66 (she can't remember) even after replacement. She called the PB service guy and said they've been getting the error but cutting it off for 5-6 minutes will clear it out. We'll see tomorrow morning. Thanks for the phone number. I may should have just called there right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk flingin arras

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.