hayward h100id1 won't stay running

I have a hayward heater that will only run about an hour than shuts down and the pilot light won't start it's like it's totally dead this happened last year when I bought it I unhooked it and put it away was going to take it in to get repaired but has to be hooked up to fix so I hooked it up and it fired up and ran for couple hours than same thing died any ideas

On the circuit board there are a couple of plugs connected to it. The pins that these plugs go onto may have bad solder connections on the board. Check the solder connections to ensure they are solid. This is a common problem on these that Hayward won't acknowledge.

With all heaters I start with gas supply. Is it natural gas or propane. Also many times people connect with a flexible connection that is not rated for 100,000 btu. If propane, how big is the tank?

If the original poster ever comes back, here are a couple of pictures of the board and the connections that have the problems on these boards. This white plug in this shot connects to the pins on the board...

In this shot of the back side of the board the pins that have the bad solder connection can de seen.

It will take a magnifying lens to see the cracks sometimes. It took me a while to find the cure for the same problem on mine. It would heat for an indiscriminate amount of time then suddenly shut down only to try to restart and not refire. When I would take the cover off to try and see what was going on it would never do it. I suspected a heat related problem after that but could not identify it. I had it out and at work figuring it was a bad relay and I was going to replace them when my electrical engineer stopped in and saw it. He got a 10x lens and in about 1 min found the problem. I re-soldered the pins and have had no problems for the last 7 years now

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.