26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame Install

It was. It wasn't as hot today, so I am not as inclined to get in.water was still at 82, but the air temperature was only about 72 at the time they got in.
Can't wait for the steps I ordered to come in! My husband went and got some caps with solar for the posts tonight. He will run the electric out soon for the pump and some other lighting.. (Thank goodness he can do that himself, has a degree in electrical maintenance, so we don't have to pay to get it done.)

Thanks! Got the steps today, and got them put in. Didn't get a picture of that yet, temps went down to about 69 degrees, so I wanted to get the pool covered.
I don't usually spend a lot of money on things, but we wanted to do this "right" ( for us, anyway). We are doing this in lieu of a vacation, and we can enjoy it every year. We had a little extra cash when my husband sold his hot rod truck. He is building a new hot rod, so I told him every time a new hot rod part came in, I was ordering something for the pool. Must be why I spent so much! I am half afraid to tally it all up. But we are still under what it would have cost for a traditional AGP, and if we move or something, it's more portable.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is the truth! When we start dreaming about moving to a cheaper place where we could buy a beautiful house and large lot for half of what we pay for our dump here we remember the ocean is an hour away, snow and mountains are less than 3 hours away, not to mention beanies and scarves come out when it hits the low 60's because that is COLD and there are only a handful of days we get to the mid 90's. Makes hearing your neighbor sneeze in his living room while you are sitting in yours not so bad, lol.

That is the truth! When we start dreaming about moving to a cheaper place where we could buy a beautiful house and large lot for half of what we pay for our dump here we remember the ocean is an hour away, snow and mountains are less than 3 hours away, not to mention beanies and scarves come out when it hits the low 60's because that is COLD and there are only a handful of days we get to the mid 90's. Makes hearing your neighbor sneeze in his living room while you are sitting in yours not so bad, lol.

Lol, we did the apartment thing for six years while the husband was in the military. I used to say the neighbor sneezed, and I said "Bless you". We lived in Chula Vista, CA. for 2 1/2 years, then went to Gulfport MS.

My niece and nephew live next door. My SIL had an AGP installed a couple of years ago. Completely pool stored, even after I have told her over and over how TFP works so well. My niece and nephew came swimming at our house last week, and have been asking to come back almost daily. I was taking the cover off this afternoon, and my niece says "I love how your pool sparkles!" Yeah, me too, lol! Music to my ears! Even a 10 year old notices!

Finally fixed the steps today by following the directions that came with them, ha ha. Was trying to avoid putting sand in the base, but it worked well.
Waters till looks great! Was worried because we didn't use it for a week while it was chilly outside. Ran out of bleach Friday, so I didn't dose it yesterday. Going to bump it up a bit tonight, especially since we were in it a few hours today.

I am glad to see my Intex sand pump is strong enough for the bigger pool. Only running it 6-8 hours a day, sometimes less. I was concerned when we first bought the new pool it wouldn't e big enough.

I do, but I know mine comes from the cover or feet. Often the cover gets put on the ground, on top of some sand that was leftover from the install. (Not usually me that puts it there!) And the kids track it in, also. The deck has helped, but if they get out to get a pool toy that went out, they come back with dirt. Vacuuming helps some, but I didn't get a new hose, so I can't quite reach the other side. I try to brush everything to the center before I vacuum. (It's not a lot, just a small amount.)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.