Aquatrol RJ timer problem

lbrn

May 3, 2015
Thomasville, NC
Hi,
We have a new Aquatrol RJ. We have the timer set to run the pump. Last week we had an electrical problem. The extension cord connecting the pump and aquatrol had a meltdown and cooked the pump cord. We have replaced the pump cord and moved the Aquatrol closer to the pump so that we don't have to use an extension cord. Since the meltdown, the timer on the Aquatrol does not seem to be keeping time properly. Is there some way to reset the clock? The pump should have come on today at 10am, but was running at 8am. I checked and the time was way off. I reset the timer at 8am and at 2:30 pm it was reading around 12ish. It is important that the pump runs when it is supposed to. Any suggestions?
Lisa

Sorry you have not received a reply. I cannot help with your issue. Even on this VERY busy forum, there are sometimes questions that no one has a good answer for. Your's might be one of them.

I think I'll try contacting Hayward. I don't know that the power cord problem caused the timer to quit keeping time correctly, but Hayward should be able to supply a new timer.

Hey lbrn did you ever find out what to do about your aquatrol time not keeping time correctly? I am noticing mine isn't keeping proper time this year. I set it yesterday evening at 5:30 and this morning at 10 it was reading 6am.

I looked in the troubleshooting part of the pdf I downloaded but it doesn't really say much about the timer other than the pump not coming on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.