Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquatrol RJ timer problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquatrol RJ timer problem

Hi,
    We have a new Aquatrol RJ. We have the timer set to run the pump. Last week we had an electrical problem. The extension cord connecting the pump and aquatrol had a meltdown and cooked the pump cord. We have replaced the pump cord and moved the Aquatrol closer to the pump so that we don't have to use an extension cord. Since the meltdown, the timer on the Aquatrol does not seem to be keeping time properly. Is there some way to reset the clock? The pump should have come on today at 10am, but was running at 8am. I checked and the time was way off. I reset the timer at 8am and at 2:30 pm it was reading around 12ish. It is important that the pump runs when it is supposed to. Any suggestions?
    Lisa
    24 foot round Evolution above ground, 13,500gal. Hayward Power-Flo LX pump (1 Hp) with sand filter. Solar heating panels on roof of house for the pool (Sunheater by Smartpool). TF-100 test kit. AquaTrol RJ.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Aquatrol RJ timer problem

Sorry you have not received a reply. I cannot help with your issue. Even on this VERY busy forum, there are sometimes questions that no one has a good answer for. Your's might be one of them.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I think I'll try contacting Hayward. I don't know that the power cord problem caused the timer to quit keeping time correctly, but Hayward should be able to supply a new timer.
    24 foot round Evolution above ground, 13,500gal. Hayward Power-Flo LX pump (1 Hp) with sand filter. Solar heating panels on roof of house for the pool (Sunheater by Smartpool). TF-100 test kit. AquaTrol RJ.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by lbrn View Post
    I think I'll try contacting Hayward. I don't know that the power cord problem caused the timer to quit keeping time correctly, but Hayward should be able to supply a new timer.
    Hey lbrn did you ever find out what to do about your aquatrol time not keeping time correctly? I am noticing mine isn't keeping proper time this year. I set it yesterday evening at 5:30 and this morning at 10 it was reading 6am.

I looked in the troubleshooting part of the pdf I downloaded but it doesn't really say much about the timer other than the pump not coming on.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -