Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: foxybrown

1. Back To Top    #1

foxybrown

Hi everyone ,I am a newbie toTFP and new to installing my own pool.I have the 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame ,its been up for a few days now and once my nerves settled a little I'm really enjoying it. And what settled my nerves was after reading several threads and post here, it put me at ease to know that I'm not alone in the issues I'm facing with it and that is why I decided to sign up. Also I live in central Florida and the summers are brutal here !!!!!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: foxybrown

Welcome to TFP!!!

Please add your location (City, State) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

not sure how to update my profile but I live in Belleview, Florida and when I tried to create a signature it said the content was not supported via mobile device. I have an Intex Ultra Frame 26 by 52 above ground and holds 14,667 gallons

4. Back To Top    #4

Not sure about modifying the signature with a mobile device, but if you get to a computer, you can modify your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. Welcome to TFP. You are correct ... you are NOT alone when it comes to pool maintenance and learning the ropes.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome!
    Oval Pool 31x18x4 feet 14,600 gallons, Above Ground metal construction, vinyl liner, sand filter Hayward S180T, Dynamo 1 HP pump. No SWG

6. Back To Top    #6

Red face Re: foxybrown

Thank you

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to the forum foxy brown!

Enjoy your time on TFP
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome to TFP!

Here are some resources to give you an overview of managing your pool using our methods:
    1. ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
    2. Chlorine CYA Chart
    3. Recommended Pool Chemicals
    4. Recommended Levels
    5. Pool Math
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.