From the looks of the threads i have been reading, old wounds are about to be opened

Jun 30, 2015
Meridian, MS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello all, we have had water in our new pool for about 2 weeks now, I have the TF100 kit and all of that is going well, my question is about...wait for it..BONDING..please stop throwing items. Hopefully this one is easy. My PB and myself did run the loop around the pool, we did connect said loop to ladder, stair rail, diving board, light fixture, as well as the mesh for the concrete deck, the two pump motors, but not to the swcg. He then connected the bonding wire to the ground rod. Is this correct, or shouldn't the swcg be connected, and the wire removed from the ground rod? I asked my electrician and he was not sure. I did print article 680 on swimming pools , hot tubs, and spas from the Mike Holt Enterprises link in on of the threads i read and we are in the process of reading over that. If this has to be a loop, do i need to connect each end back together with a brass lug type connector, to complete the loop?:confused::confused: :confused:-- (My PB, my electrician, and myself!)

While bonding and grounding are two completely different things, The bond wire isn't required to be connected to a ground rod, but it doesn't prohibit it.

The loop is required around the pool but not around the equipment. You can run a branch off the loop around the pool to all the equipment. And yes the swcg should be bonded also. :)

Bama Rambler, I think i may need to expand a little, all if the items i listed are connected with the one continuous loop, my PB just put the two ends to a ground rod clamp on the ground rod, i would not let him cut the excess off till we got this figured out, so adding my swcg will be relatively simple, i have an extra termination lug , so theoretically i could close the loop. The ground rod thing was just throwing me off, as like you said, not required, but not prohibited. Hey, we are practically neighbors, and a Trekkie too!:p

We are practically neighbors. I've been to Meridian more times than I'd care to count. My inlaws were Peavey dealers so I made many trips there and back.

Add the swcg and since you already have the ground rod I'd leave it connected and close the loop. That way you're sure everything stays bonded even if the loop gets broken in one place.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.