Dolphin Z5/Triton Plus

sbpse

Jun 15, 2015
Austin Tx
Hi, So I have read the differences in the M5 and the Z5 but can someone tell me how the Z5 compares to the Triton Plus? From what I see some places it says they are basically the same. I do see Z5 offers 3 year warranty but the Triton Plus is about $140 cheaper. Any other differences?

Does the Triton come with a Caddy and remote? I would look into that, and figure it's well worth 140. May tropics odes a lot of weird marketing and renaming of same models so various suppliers can have their own "exclusive" models to sell. It's a mystery for sure, and seemingly sometimes only they know all the answers.

OK, I have the M5 and love it. But, with that being said if I did it again I would probably go with the Z5.

Now, that doesn't answer your question- So, I started reading all the descriptions on the Maytronics website and I tell you unequivocally that I have no real idea what the differences are.... They make it clear as mud.

BUt, using their comparison tool the differences they list are a slight difference in the cycle times, and the Triton Plus gets a weekly timer and full filter indicator. If there is anything other than that they don't document it well.

Thank you. I didn't realize the Z5 didn't have the weekly timer. If you go out of town do you leave your bot in the pool on a timer? I know another thread mentions how they really shouldn't be left in the pool but then why would they put a weekly timer feature on it? :)

I just pulled the trigger on a Z5 from Epic Pool Supply after a lot of research. I found a web page that says the Triton Plus, M5 and Z5 are essentially the same. Here's the link for the model equivalents...

The Truth About Pool Cleaners: What Your Pool Store Isn’t Telling You | Sunplay

M5 has a center brush and the remotes are different (Z5 basic remote and M5/Triton Plus pro remote). Warranties differ, Triton Plus 2 yr, M5 and Z5 3 yr, but M5 has to be bought from a dealer, while the Z5 and Triton Plus can be bought online with a valid warranty. You have to pay shipping one way for warranty repair. After looking at a couple of repair parts websites, most parts seem to be interchangeable between models for repair . That's helpful after the warranty period. Seems you can buy the pro remote from a couple of pool supply stores online (google search) ranging from $100 to $140 and it works with the Z5. Some posts say the additional functions work on the Z5 and other posts are still looking to test it. Not sure if I'll buy the pro remote, (will I use the remote?) but the tile line function and additional run times may tilt the scale.

That said, the Triton Plus seems to be newer with few owner reviews. Lots of folks love the Z5 and M5. $140 for an additional year warranty but cheaper remote...may be worth it or may not, I thought it was because of all the positive reviews.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.