Bathtub ring

Jul 19, 2013
All this year I have been fighting a brown greasy ring at the water line of my spa. I have changed out the water three times... Each time thoroughly cleaning the fiberglass body. I am also experiencing brown suds.
Every morning I take a paper towel and wipe away the dirt ring.
Also the spa seat is gritty with brown substance.
Could it be from the chlorine?
Any help would be appreciated.
Mr Bruce

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Most likely it is from bather waste or lotions that may be coming off from bathers. It could be exacerbated by not having adequate chlorine at all times between soaks. You may also have biofilms in the plumbing that are now extending to your tub surface.

I would HIGHLY recommend using the Ahh-some product to do a deep clean of your tub. Perhaps even multiple treatments with the product. Amazon.com : Ahh-Some Hot Tub/Jetted Bath Plumbing Jet Cleaner (2 oz) : Bathroom Cleaners : Office Products That size is enough for likely 3 treatments of your tub. You can read more about the product here: Ahh-Some Water Cleanser, for pool, hut tub, jet bath, and washing machines

I used it on my tub as detailed here: Ahh-some treatment

It's a high powered surfactant (detergent) that will remove biofilms and sludge that is likely lurking in your tub's plumbing if you're seeing it at the water line in that quantities.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.