First Test with Full Kit - Advice

Apr 29, 2015
Wheatfield, IN
Finally got around to performing full blown test on the pool. Below are my results, I am hoping you guys can point me in the right direction. My water since day one has been clear, not sure I would say it has that perfect sparkle as many of you guys rave about but it has not been cloudy either, just dont want to loose what I have and only want to make it better!!!

Results:

Sodium Chloride - 3000 ppm
FC 1.5ppm
CC - added 5 drops and it remained clear?? Does this mean no Combined Chloring this has me confused?
CH - 100ppm
TA - 90 ppm
CYA less than 10 - I did add 4 lbs of CYA yesterday using the pantyhose method in front of the skimmer with the pump running 24 hours per day
PH- 8.0 My PH has always been on the high side since day one shouldnt I be trying to lower it some?

17,500 Gallon Fibergalss, 4 Deck Jets that run when we are in the pool, Jandy 2HP Var. Speed Pump, Jandy Cartridge Filter and Jany JXI Heater. Has a Hayward AquaRite 40K Salt System set on about 35% running 12 hours during the day.

Any advice

thanks

Congrats on your test kit.

CC test = 0 CC if it stayed clear. That is good!

FC is low since you have added CYA that is dissolving. You want to raise FCto the level you targeted for CYAwhen you added it. Then test CYA in one week.

PH is high, but can be brought down using muratic acid.

I do not know if the CH matters in a fiberglass pool, so I will let someone else chime in on that.

Have toy read recommended levels in Pool School?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.