Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First Test with Full Kit - Advice

1. Back To Top    #1

Wheatfield, IN

First Test with Full Kit - Advice

Finally got around to performing full blown test on the pool. Below are my results, I am hoping you guys can point me in the right direction. My water since day one has been clear, not sure I would say it has that perfect sparkle as many of you guys rave about but it has not been cloudy either, just dont want to loose what I have and only want to make it better!!!

Sodium Chloride - 3000 ppm
    FC 1.5ppm
    CC - added 5 drops and it remained clear?? Does this mean no Combined Chloring this has me confused?
    CH - 100ppm
    TA - 90 ppm
    CYA less than 10 - I did add 4 lbs of CYA yesterday using the pantyhose method in front of the skimmer with the pump running 24 hours per day
    PH- 8.0 My PH has always been on the high side since day one shouldnt I be trying to lower it some?

17,500 Gallon Fibergalss, 4 Deck Jets that run when we are in the pool, Jandy 2HP Var. Speed Pump, Jandy Cartridge Filter and Jany JXI Heater. Has a Hayward AquaRite 40K Salt System set on about 35% running 12 hours during the day.

Any advice

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First Test with Full Kit - Advice

Hi 71 Chevy....yes lower your ph to 7.4 using Mauriac acid and rise your FC according to your new CYA level and maintain it there. TA is fine.
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Sierra Vista, Az

Re: First Test with Full Kit - Advice

Congrats on your test kit.

CC test = 0 CC if it stayed clear. That is good!

FC is low since you have added CYA that is dissolving. You want to raise FCto the level you targeted for CYAwhen you added it. Then test CYA in one week.

PH is high, but can be brought down using muratic acid.

I do not know if the CH matters in a fiberglass pool, so I will let someone else chime in on that.

Have toy read recommended levels in Pool School?
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process