Illinois Green Pool

Jul 7, 2015
Albany, Illinois
Hi Everybody,

Well, I have a green pool to start my second year. First time doing the BBB method, last year just went by the local pool store recommendations. Here are my test results I took today about 20:50 cst.

CL = 1
PH = 7.5
FC = 1
CC = 1
TC = 2
CYA = 40
TA = 150
CH = 250

I added 484 oz of 8.25% bleach on Saturday. I had test results ran at the local pool store the same day and told them my situation. Out of frustration, I went with their recommendation of using a whole container of Yellow Out ( 3 or 4 lbs). The pool seems to look better, blueish green (currently). Before I do anything else, I am finally sitting down and taking the time to register and ask for some help. If I did everything right, it looks like I should add 346 ounces of bleach to truly start the SLAMing process. I will really appreciate any and all help, Thank you!

Biggest piece of advice .... MAINTAIN that FC level for a SLAM. S0 with your CYA of 40, that means keep your FC at 16 while running the pump 24/7. OF course scrub/brush your pool often and clean the filter a little more often and you will succeed. But maintain that FC level! Oh, and take before and after pics of your SLAM if you can. The crowd here loves those. :)

I will try and post some pictures. Hardest part now is trying to maintain the right levels while working.

So, On the FC test I was adding drops to go from pink to clear. I would add a drop, it would turn clear, then a few seconds later it would be a light pink tint. Do I wait until it stays clear for a certain period of time?

Thank you for the advice

Bring the pH down to 7.2 before you start the SLAM. Understand you may have a higher chlorine demand early in this SLAM because of the Yellow Out. It is an ammonia type product that creates high chlorine demand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.