Pool Rover Jr Demise Dates and what did you replace with?

NWMNMom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 8, 2007
Waaay NW MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
We have had our PRJ for probably 5-6 years and it finally bit the dust - the seal went, oil began to leak and it took water into the pump/motor. It was GREAT while it lasted. Hubby tried to take it apart, clean/dry the unit but it really just had given up I think. How long did your Pool Rover Jr last? What did you replace it with?

So we shopped around and hemmed and hawed while tree pollen and junk would settle on the bottom of my pool and I worked when I should have had a robot doing it for me. So finally settled on the Doheny Jet Drive (which I'm pretty ssure is basically a branded Aquabot Pool Rover S2 40) - I do have to say I am pretty impressed. Light weight, top load filter bags (2) comes with a set of the microfiber bags and a set of the mesh, has just 2 settings (small pool/large pool) moves FAST but still gets all of the stuff. I had a layer of tree pollen/small pine cones/pine needles on the bottom of the pool from a storm on Sunday and when the cleaner came today, out of the box and into the pool it went - it had the pool clean in 40 minutes. Lightweight to remove too, top comes off easily to clean the filter bags that velcro closed at the wide end with good elastic where it fits on the unit. Nice. Done and done. I'm liking this one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.