I'm a new pool owner and my pool was a green swamp due to negligence. About a week ago, I shocked it with liquid chlorine heavily and I left the pump running for two days and the pool turned blue, but its cloudy. I could saw improvement each day for those two days so I assumed that the cloudiness was due to dead algae. I have a sand filter and a SWG. My pool has about 26000 gallon of water. Its a concrete outdoor pool.
Then I got the water tested at a local pool store (Im in Canada so I cannot get TF100, and my K-2006 was on the way). All reading was fine but there was 0 CYA in the pool. I got some stabilizer from the pool store that day. At the store, one of the assistant told me that it was okay to enter the pool so I did. btw I entered the pool before I dropped CYA in the skimmer. I'm very new to the pool and I thought CYA could burn my skin. I dropped about 3000g of granular CYA after I leave the pool.
However, after some browsing in TFP, I found that cloudy presents may suggest that there are still live algae in the pool. I was really scared. So I shocked my pool again and I turned on my SWG on an auto mode do kill the possibly living algae. I mean, I'm not vomiting or anything but I did dive my head into the pool and I did choked some of that cloudy water in my body.
The pool is looking clear now, and I understand that without a proper test result posted here it would be hard for people to advise me. I fully understand the importance of a good kit and its on its way (shipping).
FC around 10
TBR Bromine around 10
Can people please give me some advice regarding my situation? Am I doing the right thing in general?