First time using taylor 2006k

May 20, 2015
Upper Marlboro, MD
Finally got one. Finally watched the video and now I have learned my pool is corrosive.

FC 70
CC 0
PH 7.6
TA 180
CH 200
Th black dot did not disppear - may not have had done this one correctly.

What do I do? When I look at the calculation page I need another video..lol
Help!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Congrats on the pool and the new test kit!

How does the water look?

Why is FC 70? That is WAY high.

TA is high and will likely cause PH to rise. When PH gets to 7.8 add muriatic acid to lower it to 7.2. This will cause TA to lower, Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity.

Add 30 ppm of CYA in a sock and put it in the skimmer, squeeze it a few times a day to help it dissolve.

Here is a little reading,
Pool School - Recommended Levels
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Pool School - PoolMath

43335882a03ed28584b6e66f58f55a6b.jpg

I multiplied by 2

How big was the sample? If you used 25 ml of water, then FC is 7.0. The multiplier is .2 If you used 10 ml of water, the multiplier is .5, which would make it 17.5.

Did the CYA sample get at all cloudy when you mixed half pool water with half reagent? If so, you have some CYA in there, just not enough. Raise it carefully in that case. Aim low. You can always add more later, but removing excess involves draining and rebalancing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Cool.. what about the other readings
These?

FC 7 Above minimum and below shock level for <20 CYA = good
CC 0 Perfect
PH 7.6 Between 7.2>7.8 Good
TA 180 High. Not harmful. Will go down each time you add acid to lower pH.
CH 200 Lowish.
CYA still waiting for an answer from you. Did it get cloudy at all?

When I plug your numbers into poolmath, I don't see CSI as being corrosive to plaster. If you're worried about the low CH, you can try adding Calcium Chloride. I have never ever had to add CH to my pool, so my knowledge of that stuff is zero.

The CYA test is hard. Watch the video and perform it during the day with your back to the sun and holding the bottle at your waist.

I add calcium chloride to my pool. I must have real low calcium in my full water because I have a hard time keeping the CH up. It's easy to add and directions can be found in pool school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.