Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Came to the pool to get a bottle of water to test...found this.

1. Back To Top    #1

Came to the pool to get a bottle of water to test...found this.

First did not understand, a big black blob....then the blob dove to the bottom and I saw a big terrapin (I think) turtle. I let it enjoy my pool for a few hours, then photographed it, then I took the pool brush and politely but firmly asked him out. Boy, those critters are swift! And agile!
    AMOF it was pretty fast on the dry land too. It went to my neighbour's.

I think it is 'cause we have a pond about 100 feet from my fence, and the fence is above ground a little bit.
    I hope I do not need to worry much about what it can bring with it, but I asked my robot to sweep the floor and will shock it tonight just in case.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Came to the pool to get a bottle of water to test...found this.

Good of you to allow him to enjoy your pool for a little while! I bet he does not come back!

Putting your FC up overnight should take care of any deposits he left behind.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Came to the pool to get a bottle of water to test...found this.

Yeah, them turtles, no manners, treat my pool like their own toilet
    Oh well, what could one expect, it is a dinosaur , oh maybe he is testing everyone's pool in the neighborhood and then writes reports to Yelp