New memeber, 1st time pool owner

joemc

Jul 7, 2015
Dothan, AL
Hi all! I'm Joe and I am so glad to have found this site! I have zero experience with pools and I am looking forward to getting my TFP degree.

I've had my pool since Sept 2014 and have depended on the guys at the local store to tell me what to do and when to it. No problems until last month when I've had 2 green pools in one month. I decided I was tired of running to the pool store every time I needed to know the health of my pool. I wanted to do my own testing so by stalking this site I find myself the proud owner of a brand spanking new TF 100 test kit and Taylor SpeedStir. :whoot:

Thanks in advance for all the advice I'm sure I'll be asking for.

Welcome! :wave:

I'm afraid you're going to find pool care pretty boring once you get things dialed in. You're going to miss the excitement of Wheel of Costs a Fortune.

attachment.php

Hi all! I'm Joe and I am so glad to have found this site! I have zero experience with pools and I am looking forward to getting my TFP degree.

I've had my pool since Sept 2014 and have depended on the guys at the local store to tell me what to do and when to it. No problems until last month when I've had 2 green pools in one month. I decided I was tired of running to the pool store every time I needed to know the health of my pool. I wanted to do my own testing so by stalking this site I find myself the proud owner of a brand spanking new TF 100 test kit and Taylor SpeedStir. :whoot:

Thanks in advance for all the advice I'm sure I'll be asking for.

No worries! We are here to help, so CONGRATS on making such a solid, and quick decision. Didn't take you long to get tired of the run around. Good to have you aboard!

Pretty good numbers! Nice having control isn't it? Since you appear to have an SWG, I assume you'll be increasing your CYA to the recommended level of 70-80? After that, simply dialing-in your SWG to keep a healthy target of 5-6 (maybe even a hair higher if you get a lot of sun) to keep that water crystal clear. Enjoy your swimming season!

Adding stabilizer to increase the CYA but unfortunately the CYA test seems to be the trickiest one to get an accurate reading.
Never really considered the relationship between run time and output settings of the SWG until I read the article in Pool School. And it makes perfect sense. That may take a few weeks to find that sweet spot but will be well worth it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support