Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: variable pump for jandy system?

1. Back To Top    #1

variable pump for jandy system?

I have a Jandy Aqualink system with a pda. The system is 5 years old. I what to buy a variable pump. What do you suggest?

Is there any advantage to pentair over Jandy? Will it work on my system?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: variable pump for jandy system?

Welcome Sharon,

I'm not entirely sure, but it might be easier to get communications and all set up by going with another Jandy product. I would honestly suggest talking to reps of both products to see what they say. I know there will be bias, but I would if I were considering both products.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

See page 13:

https://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/~/...1071/6594.ashx

I don't see much of an advantage of one over the other. Also, I would probably recommend a two speed over a VS because of your low energy costs and frequency of lightning. Lifetime cost of a two speed would probably be less than a VS for your area.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

here is the issue, our pump a stealth 2 speed, seems to have lost power at low speed. it still runs, but, much less then before. also our pump seems to be running hot. do you think it is worth fixing, it is almost 6 years old and we run it all year round???

5. Back To Top    #5

A pump's wet end can last decades so that really isn't an issue and I wouldn't hesitate to just replace the motor. Was the pump leaking? That can cause the bearings to fail which makes the pump run hot.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater