Under Construction - Tomball, TX

Jul 1, 2012
Houston, TX
Will let the pics speak. Feel free to post questions. Wife wanted "rectangular" pool instead of free form so this is what I came up with. Basically all travertine except the waterline tile which is glass and travertine. Pavers are 24x24 travertine. Didn't want coping. I liked the look of taking the pavers right up to the water.

IMG_3136.JPG

IMG_3127.JPG

IMG_3150.JPG

IMG_3155.JPG

IMG_3161.JPG

IMG_3168.JPG

IMG_3170.JPG

IMG_3187.JPG

IMG_3197.JPG

IMG_3199.JPG

IMG_3205.JPG

IMG_3231.JPG

IMG_3237.JPG

IMG_3245.JPG

IMG_3256.JPG

IMG_3262.JPG

IMG_3281.JPG

IMG_3285.JPG

IMG_3298.JPG

IMG_3309.JPG

IMG_3313.JPG

IMG_3324.JPG

IMG_3357.JPG

IMG_3359.JPG

IMG_3363.JPG

IMG_3431.JPG

IMG_3433.JPG

IMG_3437.JPG

IMG_3453.JPG

IMG_3456.JPG

IMG_3461.JPG

IMG_3510.JPG

IMG_3646.JPG

IMG_3648.JPG

IMG_3650.JPG

IMG_3651.JPG

IMG_3654.JPG

IMG_3655.JPG

IMG_3663.JPG

IMG_3674.JPG

I love these 'instant' pools!! How long did it take from dig to the last photo you posted?

The stone work on the spa and raised beam is fabulous. I've never seen that before - very unique in great way! Your glass tile is so sophisticated - goes well with the pool design and material choices. I can't wait to see the water splashing down the spa spillway - that will be exciting to watch and hear!

As we speak, our travertine decking is being installed. So I particularly like yours. The color is wonderful! Do you plan to seal the travertine?

Now is this as far as your build has come along or you will post the rest of the picture story later? I can't wait to see!!! When you get a chance, fill in your signature so we have some of the pool specs and particulars.
Take care. Suz.

From the dig to the last photo was from June 10th to to July 5th. Although really they only worked about 10 of those days. The rain has put all the subs behind.

Thanks. I thought the waterline tile sort of tied everything together. Consists of 3 or 4 different shades of brown glass as well as some individual travertine squares. The spill way they built by hand by cutting down travertine pavers. Yes, I plan to seal it because I much prefer the color when it's wet. This is as far as it's come so far. Thought I had filled in my sig. What's missing?

- - - Updated - - -

I love these 'instant' pools!! How long did it take from dig to the last photo you posted?

From the dig to the last photo was from June 10th to to July 5th. Although really they only worked about 10 of those days. The rain has put all the subs behind.

The stone work on the spa and raised beam is fabulous. I've never seen that before - very unique in great way! Your glass tile is so sophisticated - goes well with the pool design and material choices. I can't wait to see the water splashing down the spa spillway - that will be exciting to watch and hear!

Thanks. I thought the waterline tile sort of tied everything together. Consists of 3 or 4 different shades of brown glass as well as some individual travertine squares. The spill way they built by hand by cutting down travertine pavers.

As we speak, our travertine decking is being installed. So I particularly like yours. The color is wonderful! Do you plan to seal the travertine?

Yes, I plan to seal it because I much prefer the color when it's wet. I'm very happy going with 24x24 pavers layed "normally" as opposed to a pattern of any sort. Think it looks rather classic and the Versailles pattern seems overdone to me. No offense to anyone using a Versailles pattern. I just wanted something that looked fairly traditional.

Now is this as far as your build has come along or you will post the rest of the picture story later? I can't wait to see!!! When you get a chance, fill in your signature so we have some of the pool specs and particulars.
Take care. Suz.

This is as far as it's come so far. Thought I had filled in my sig. What's missing?

- - - Updated - - -

What fun! A almost done pool in one sitting! If only it was like that in real life huh?

I wish that's how it worked. It's been terribly frustrating to have the lulls between actual construction happening.

I love the curves on the corners! How deep is it?

Thanks. It's 4' deep throughout the pool. We don't do any jumping or diving. It's mostly just for relaxing and socializing. In our previous pool we had a deep end and that part of the pool was seldom if ever used.

I see that you already have your test kit! WOW!

It's on order.

Kim[/QUOTE]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, finally. And I'm going to try to be.

So which of the WetEdge prism matrix color did you select?

It's down to Indigo or Deep Sea Blue for us. Right now we're leaning towards the Deep Sea Blue, hoping it will deliver the deep blue color we desire.

I have only seen pictures on the WetEdge site so this is leap of faith. Very much excited to see pics of your completed plaster. Please post a ton of pics!!!

- - - Updated - - -

LOL you and my husband! He likes his beer as well. His current fav right now is Sam Adams summer brew.

Kim

Hahaha! Sam Adams seasonal beers are the amazing! On the TFP pool tour we'll swing by the Sam Adams brewery here in Boston! Make sure your husband tries Sam October (probably one of my favorites). When it starts getting cold in Oct, that October brew is awesome!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.