Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Under Construction - Tomball, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

Under Construction - Tomball, TX

Will let the pics speak. Feel free to post questions. Wife wanted "rectangular" pool instead of free form so this is what I came up with. Basically all travertine except the waterline tile which is glass and travertine. Pavers are 24x24 travertine. Didn't want coping. I liked the look of taking the pavers right up to the water.

IG 13,000 gal, WetEdge Prism Matrix Indigo Blue, Hayward C4030 cartridge filter, Hayward Ecostar VS main pump, Hayward Tristar VS feature pump, Hayward OmniLogic, Hayward Sense & Dispense (pH only), Stenner 45MPHP22 bleach, Hayward H400FDN Heater, Hayward Color UCL lights, Pentair LED Bubblers. TF-100 XL test kit. Test Results. Build Thread.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Under Construction - Tomball, TX

Welcome to TFP!!!

And here is the answer to the question you are about to have:

To post more/larger pictures, you either need to raise your storage allotment by Becoming a TFP Supporter or follow the How To Post Pictures tutorial.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

More pics.

IG 13,000 gal, WetEdge Prism Matrix Indigo Blue, Hayward C4030 cartridge filter, Hayward Ecostar VS main pump, Hayward Tristar VS feature pump, Hayward OmniLogic, Hayward Sense & Dispense (pH only), Stenner 45MPHP22 bleach, Hayward H400FDN Heater, Hayward Color UCL lights, Pentair LED Bubblers. TF-100 XL test kit. Test Results. Build Thread.

4. Back To Top    #4

Wow. That's a LOT of work. I'm exhausted just looking at them. Look very nice. Thanks for posting.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

This is fabulous! Love all the pics!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I love these 'instant' pools!! How long did it take from dig to the last photo you posted?

The stone work on the spa and raised beam is fabulous. I've never seen that before - very unique in great way! Your glass tile is so sophisticated - goes well with the pool design and material choices. I can't wait to see the water splashing down the spa spillway - that will be exciting to watch and hear!

As we speak, our travertine decking is being installed. So I particularly like yours. The color is wonderful! Do you plan to seal the travertine?

Now is this as far as your build has come along or you will post the rest of the picture story later? I can't wait to see!!! When you get a chance, fill in your signature so we have some of the pool specs and particulars.
    Take care. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

7. Back To Top    #7

What a beautiful build! Can't wait to see the finished pool with water in it
    12' x 24' IG approx 9.5k gallons
    4' 8" constant depth, vinyl liner, air to water heat pump, floating solar cover, 1 skimmer, 2 inlets, 1 underwater LED light, sand filtration system & now, finally, a TF100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

What fun! A almost done pool in one sitting! If only it was like that in real life huh?

I love the curves on the corners! How deep is it?

I see that you already have your test kit! WOW!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

From the dig to the last photo was from June 10th to to July 5th. Although really they only worked about 10 of those days. The rain has put all the subs behind.

Thanks. I thought the waterline tile sort of tied everything together. Consists of 3 or 4 different shades of brown glass as well as some individual travertine squares. The spill way they built by hand by cutting down travertine pavers. Yes, I plan to seal it because I much prefer the color when it's wet. This is as far as it's come so far. Thought I had filled in my sig. What's missing?

- - - Updated - - -

I love these 'instant' pools!! How long did it take from dig to the last photo you posted?

From the dig to the last photo was from June 10th to to July 5th. Although really they only worked about 10 of those days. The rain has put all the subs behind.

The stone work on the spa and raised beam is fabulous. I've never seen that before - very unique in great way! Your glass tile is so sophisticated - goes well with the pool design and material choices. I can't wait to see the water splashing down the spa spillway - that will be exciting to watch and hear!
    Thanks. I thought the waterline tile sort of tied everything together. Consists of 3 or 4 different shades of brown glass as well as some individual travertine squares. The spill way they built by hand by cutting down travertine pavers.

As we speak, our travertine decking is being installed. So I particularly like yours. The color is wonderful! Do you plan to seal the travertine?
    Yes, I plan to seal it because I much prefer the color when it's wet. I'm very happy going with 24x24 pavers layed "normally" as opposed to a pattern of any sort. Think it looks rather classic and the Versailles pattern seems overdone to me. No offense to anyone using a Versailles pattern. I just wanted something that looked fairly traditional.

Now is this as far as your build has come along or you will post the rest of the picture story later? I can't wait to see!!! When you get a chance, fill in your signature so we have some of the pool specs and particulars.
    Take care. Suz.
    This is as far as it's come so far. Thought I had filled in my sig. What's missing?

- - - Updated - - -

What fun! A almost done pool in one sitting! If only it was like that in real life huh?
    I wish that's how it worked. It's been terribly frustrating to have the lulls between actual construction happening.

I love the curves on the corners! How deep is it?
    Thanks. It's 4' deep throughout the pool. We don't do any jumping or diving. It's mostly just for relaxing and socializing. In our previous pool we had a deep end and that part of the pool was seldom if ever used.

I see that you already have your test kit! WOW!
    It's on order.

Kim[/QUOTE]

10. Back To Top    #10

Gorgeous pool! Love that it's unique. What will be your pool finish? Pardon me if I missed that ...

12K Gallon IG Lap Pool (c. 2001)
    6.6 ft x 48 ft/White Plaster/Concrete
    Pentair Superflo VS Pump 2.0 HP/Sand Filter
    Dolphin S300i Robot/SolarBreeze Robot
    TFT-100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Gorgeous pool! Love that it's unique. What will be your pool finish? Pardon me if I missed that ...
    WetEdge Prism Matrix. Haven't settled on a color yet. Leaning toward Indigo Blue. But maybe Deep Sea Blue or Eclipse.

12. Back To Top    #12

Oh I saw indigo blue yesterday and wow. So so beautiful!!!
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

13. Back To Top    #13

Just got done with the fire pit a couple of days ago. Think it turned out good. Waiting on more pavers to show up at QDI so they can finish that. Got a plaster date for Thursday.

14. Back To Top    #14

PRETTY!

You have a plaster date???????? SWEET! Will you be able to be there for some of it???

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

15. Back To Top    #15

Yes, finally. And I'm going to try to be.

16. Back To Top    #16

I want a plaster date. Sounds creepy but oh so sweet.
    102 Perimeter Freeform Pool, Rock Waterfall, Jandy Deck Jets, Depth 3'6" - 6', Stonescapes Aqua Blue Mini Pebble, Inpool Table, Rock Salt Decking, Jandy 2.0 Epump, Jandy 580 Cartridge Filter, Polaris 280 with booster pump, Jandy Power Center w/ PDA, Stenner Pump
    A country boy's pool build...Dean, Texas

17. Back To Top    #17

LOL Clay you want to get plastered!

Kim

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    LOL Clay you want to get plastered!

Kim
    I must say I do like my cold beer. My Grandad used to say pick a habit and stick with. Guess this one stuck!!
    102 Perimeter Freeform Pool, Rock Waterfall, Jandy Deck Jets, Depth 3'6" - 6', Stonescapes Aqua Blue Mini Pebble, Inpool Table, Rock Salt Decking, Jandy 2.0 Epump, Jandy 580 Cartridge Filter, Polaris 280 with booster pump, Jandy Power Center w/ PDA, Stenner Pump
    A country boy's pool build...Dean, Texas

19. Back To Top    #19

LOL you and my husband! He likes his beer as well. His current fav right now is Sam Adams summer brew.

Kim

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by travisr100 View Post
    Yes, finally. And I'm going to try to be.
    So which of the WetEdge prism matrix color did you select?

It's down to Indigo or Deep Sea Blue for us. Right now we're leaning towards the Deep Sea Blue, hoping it will deliver the deep blue color we desire.

I have only seen pictures on the WetEdge site so this is leap of faith. Very much excited to see pics of your completed plaster. Please post a ton of pics!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    LOL you and my husband! He likes his beer as well. His current fav right now is Sam Adams summer brew.

Kim
    Hahaha! Sam Adams seasonal beers are the amazing! On the TFP pool tour we'll swing by the Sam Adams brewery here in Boston! Make sure your husband tries Sam October (probably one of my favorites). When it starts getting cold in Oct, that October brew is awesome!!!
    2015 Pool Build --> HERE IG 19'x47' w/ 7'x7' in pool spa; 3'6"-8' deep.
    Pentair 520 Filter, IntelliFlow VS XF Pump, IntelliChlor IC60 SWG, IntelliBrite/GloBrite LEDs, IntelliTouch w/Screenlogic2. 400K BTU heater. A&A G4V in-floor cleaning system. WetEdge Prism Matrix Pebble finish. TechoBloc Pavers and Coping.
    Test kits - Taylor K-2006 FAS/DPD, K-1766 Salt, SpeedStir

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast