Looking to install a SWG

bgeise

Jul 7, 2015
Brighton, MI
I am thinking about installing a SWG on my inground pool. It is almost 40,000 gallons and I wanted to know what should I do? Best system to buy, things to consider, things to look out for. Best place to buy the system at the best price. What do you wish you had done differently. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

Well, the first thing we recommend is that you at least double your gallons before looking for a system. 40,000 gallons is huge, but you would want a minimum of 80,000 gallon system so that you don't have to run it at 100% or too much time.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

That is a big pool and going to need a big SWG which limits your options. Either you will need one of the few large SWGs or you will need 2 of the smaller SWG systems.

For the big ones, the smallest I would consider is the Pentair IC60 (but there are some drawbacks).
Circupool has some bigger ones like the -45 or the -60.
Autopilot has the -52 SWGs which have the same output as the IC60 and the Circupool -45 ... all of these are kind of marginally sized for your pool and should keep up given your location.

I would probably lean to the Circupool -60 line as it has a higher output and would allow you to run the pump less and should last longer due to the larger cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.