Help. Pool is green.

Jul 7, 2015
Ab
Just started with this pool thing. Have an above ground 12x24 inflatable pool Ordered the pool testing kit but will take a week to arrive in Canada. Have had pool going for 3 weeks. Tested with red and yellow kit from local home store. Pool stores are 60 miles away. Has never shown any chlorine and pH is always off the chart high. Have shocked 2 times. Have used muriatic acid twice-about a cup each time. Have had a puck floating around all the time. And trying to run filter a lot. But all to no avail. The algae is growing as I type!! Please help. What can I do since I can't test the pool for another week. I fear I'll have a swamp by then!

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Each evening, after the sun is off the pool, add one gallon of clorox. That'll help fight the algae and at least hold it at bay until your kit gets in. Post your numbers as soon as you can.

Is your pool 12 feet diameter and 24 inches deep? Or 12 feet by 24 feet and how deep? If it is 12' dia and 2' deep then change the bleach to 40oz.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.