Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Automatic Pool Cleaners

1. Back To Top    #1
    Silver Spring, MD

Automatic Pool Cleaners

There are many different kinds of pool cleaners, each with advantages and disadvantages. For some background on the range of choices available, take a look at Automatic Pool Cleaners over at Pool School.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Automatic Pool Cleaners

Will do.. Thanks!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Automatic Pool Cleaners

That is what I really need.

4. Back To Top    #4

Tucson, AZ

Automatic Pool Cleaners

I have a suction side cleaner (Pentair KreepyKrawly SandShark). I also have dedicated suction port separate from my skimmer basket.

If I only had my skimmer port to work with, I'd probably get annoyed with having to play with a suction splitter and regulator to get the KK to work with skimmer. I'd likely go with a robot.

It's also important to note that a suction cleaner should also have an inline leaf bag canister to catch debris so it doesn't get into your suction line. I got a really bad clog in my suction line (**** mesquite trees!!) because I did not have an inline leaf canister. They will slow a KK down a little but it's well worth the $50 to not have to deal with a clogged line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk