So we have two competing pool specs and have narrowed it down to these two builders. The prices are essentially the same.
I am listing them one after the other. Would love and appreciate any comments or criticisms. I know about the minimal decking which is referenced. We are building a cabana/fireplace/raised beds, etc and using a different builder for those and they will be handling the decking.
• Perimeter: 146 Linear feet
• Area: 863 Square feet
• Depth: 3’5" – 8’5”
• Dimensions: 16’ x 50’
• Includes plans & city permits
• Contact Dig Tess prior to excavation
• Provide removal of existing wall and driveway (2500sqft allowance)
• Provide standard excavation / Form work / Removal of spoils
• Rock excavation billed at $300 per hour (not included in base bid)
• Includes 10 helical piers w/ 10 extensions
• #4 Steel-8" O.C.E.W.(Floors and walls)
• #4 Steel transition bars (Stress points)
• #4 Steel 4 box beam
• #4 Steel additional reinforcement at skimmer location
• #4 steel – double curtain on spa wall
• Walls, Floors, Benches, and Steps (3000 PSI Min.)
• 12” Beam / 8” to 12” Walls & floor
• Mixed onsite
• Backwash line to P-Trap (Includes first 100lft)
• Gas line from meter to heater (includes first 100lft)
• All plumbing to be schedule 40 PVC.
• Spa suction and returns to be 2.5” PVC
• 2 skimmers – individually plumbed w/ 2” PVC
• Split main drains w/ hydrostat – 2” PVC
• 5 pool returns
• 6 Hydro Air spa jets
• Jandy Never-lube Valves
• Overflow drain and fill line
• Pentair VS Intelliflo filter pump-1 http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/inte...eedwtimerB.pdf
• Pentair FNS60 D.E. filter w/ backwash valve -1
• Pentair Intellitouch I-7 Computer control system
• Pentair Wireless control remote
• Pentair LED Lights(3) pool, (1) spa
• Rheem Heater 400,000BTU-1
Air Conditioning, Gas Furnaces and Water Heating Products by Rheem
• Ultrapure Ozone w/ Rainbow inline 320 chlorinator-1
• Polaris 280 pool cleaner w/booster pump-1
Polaris Pool USA | #1 Swimming Pool Cleaner Worldwide | Polaris Automatic Pool Cleaners & Accessories
• SR Smith diving board
• Connection and grounding of all pool equipment
• Installation of 4 underwater niche lights
• Bonding of pool steel, light brass and all metal components within 5
feet of water's edge
• Sub panel $300 extra if needed
• Includes precast coping for pool and spa
• Includes brick veneer for spa and hidden diving board area
• 6” perimeter ceramic tile-($5.00/ S.F. material allowance
Noble Tile Supply - Noble Tile Supply
• Includes 400sqft acid etched concrete deck
• Includes 100lft of 4” drains
• Durazzo polished plaster / Color TBD
• Includes 15” raised spa
• Complete maintenance kit: (Pole/Brush/Leaf Net/Test Kit)
• Two week start up and brush-down service
• Operation instructions class to owners
• Programming of all equipment to homeowners specifications
• Custom brass deck drain and skimmer lids
• Alarm or house door mechanisms to meet code requirements.
• Clean up and removal of all pool construction debris
Not included in this bid
• Re-routing of any existing utilities (power, water, sewer, gas)
• Landscape installation
• Fence or irrigation modifications
• Rock charges for excavation or plumbing installation
• Covered pavilion, fireplace or fire pit areas
1). Pool dimensions are 16 ft. x 50 ft. with an attached 9 ft. x 7 ft. spa. The pool depth is 3’-6” to 4’ to 8’-6”.
2). The spa is raised 15” with Brick veneer. There are 6 jets with split level seating and a 2h.p air blower for different speeds. There are two main drains and a fountain in the spa.
3). The steel rebar is all #4 or 1/2” steel throughout the entire pool. The steel centers are 5” and 10” on cente5. The beam is a #4 rebar California box beam and is 256% stronger than a typical Texas beam. *** The pool structure has 10 Helical piers 22 ft. deep.***
4). Texas shotcrete is pneumatically applied instead of typical dry gunite. The shotcrete has an average psi of close to 6000 vs 3000 with sand based gunite. ***
5). All pvc plumbing is run independently and laid flat with glued and fitted joints. All plumbing is pressure tested twice. Heat bent plumbing is not used anywhere including the spa to ensure structural stability.***
6). Intelliflo VS variable speed pump with anti entrapment device is used to exceed all local and federal guidelines. A booster pump for water feature is included.A 400,000 btu mastertemp heater with Easy touch remote control. A pool miser and Rainbow 320 chlorinator is included along with an ultra pure Ozone system. The filter is a DE FNS60 with a backwash line and P-trap or a Cartridge 520 system.
7). The equipment pad is hand formed and shot in place with Texas shotcrete to provide years of stabilization
8). 2” Lueder limestone coping and frost proof tile with $8.50 allowance is included.***
9). A 15” raised brick veneered wall and deck are located in the deep end of the pool. The 6 ft. Diving board is sunken in the deck. Two 21 ft. deep end ledges are included.
10). There is no decking.
11). The pool interior is state of the art Hydra mix that contains acrylic additives and Mexican beach sand which provides a smooth dense surface. This interior has a 10 year limited warranty.***
12). Never lube valves have a lifetime warranty. The Platinum pool cleaner has a ¾ h.p booster pump. All equipment has an exclusive 3 year Pentair warranty. The pool shell has a lifetime structural warranty.
13). All permits are included. Homeowner to get HOA approval.
14). All work is scheduled and supervised by Christopher Michaels and PoolscapesNTX.
15). The pool is filled and chemicals are added and maintained by PoolscapesNTX and its agent the Pool Surgeon for 5 days. The pool is brush vacumed and cleaned to insure the most precise start- up phase. All service work is performed by the Pool Surgeon, an authorized Pentair warranty station.***
16). Gas line hook up to pool heater of 120 ft. is included.is All electrical hook ups for pool equipment is included.
17). There is 2560 sq. ft. of driveway and wall and concrete demolition included.