Hello I am new to Using Bbb method

Welcome fellow Texan! We can help guide you with any testing. Just a couple questions:
- Which Taylor kit is it exactly (i.e. K-2006, K-2005)?
- Is your pool filled with water now? If so, is it clear or does anything seem odd?

If there is a specific test you aren't sure how to perform and/or the instructions seem confusing, just let us know. Welcome!

Which test kit did you get, specifically? K-2006? K-2005?

K-2005 is what is usually sold by Leslie's and it doesn't have every test you need.

Post test results for these if you'd like assistance:
pH:
FC:
TC:
CYA:
CH:
TA:

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Hello �� I purchased the taylor kit from Leslies it is complete test with Dpd 10 different tests
Pool water tint of green and cloudy. Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

I would post results but at the moment domt know where to begi using Taylor test kit so use to small test kit.

I think I had that same kit at one time. Does it have the FAS-DPD test (uses power scoop and drops) to test at higher, more accurate chlorine levels? You will want that for sure. You can confirm if it's the same by going to TFTestkits.net. As Joel noted above, go ahead and post as much of those test results as you can and we'll go from there.

Also consider reading-up on how to "SLAM" your pool. You want to be very familiar with that process, and especially how to maintain the proper FC level. You will use a fairly large amount of regular liquid bleach (generic is fine), so be prepared to get a few of those from the store as well. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe this video will help you: How to Use a Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Pool Water Test Kit K-2006 - YouTube

what is the model number on the test kit you bought? If it's a K-2005 and unopened, you should return it and buy one of the recommended test kits. If it is a K-2006, you need to head off to Pool School (button at the upper right of this page) to learn how to use it and what to do with your readings.

Yup, that's the Taylor K-2005 that Leslie's rebrands. So you can just get the FAS/DPD chlorine kit from TFTestkits and you'll be good to go.

In the meantime, you can go ahead and look at the Pool School and use the test kit you have. The only difference will be that for the current chlorine test you have, you compare color against a comparator and it will be limited in both range and accuracy. It's better than nothing, though.

If you follow the instructions that came with your kit, you'll read chlorine and pH as numbers directly off the comparator tubes so the chlorine reading will be in ppm (i.e. you don't have to do any math to get it). For other tests, each drop will be a certain ppm and it will tell you in the test. For the TA and CH tests, it's 10 ppm per drop when using a 25 ml sample size or it's 25 ppm per drop when using a 10 ml sample size. The CYA test has markings in a tube that are already in ppm that you read directly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We're happy to help you Ladybug. I was off-line for a bit since our computer servers decided to quit on us. :brickwall: Like chem geek mentioned earlier, your kit should have the instructions under the lid. There's one page in particular that tells you how to do the PH, TA, chlorine, etc. It speaks about what color/number drops (reagent) to use, how much to use, and how to record the results. If you get stuck on any one particular item, just let us know.