Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommended Intex suppliers in South Florida?

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Recommended Intex suppliers in South Florida?

We are purchasing our second intex pool and we live in the Turks and Caicos Islands so we need to order from South Florida to ship to our freight forwarders in Fort Lauderdale.
    We want an Intex Ultra Frame 18 x 48.
    It is currently on sale for $444.00 at one source, I wondered if that was the best price?? I see it retails on the Intex site at something like $800 but I am not convinced that is a realistic price.
    Anyone you think we should contact before we go with the pool price above or do we have the best deal already? We want to order now! Thanks,

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Recommended Intex suppliers in South Florida?

The $444 price is probably the best you will find for that size.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Wow! The best of both worlds!! Your own pool in the Turks and Caicos Islands!!! When shall we come????! Keep us posted and we MUST have pictures!!! Take care.
    Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey Suz, come anytime! After we install the new pool of course! Yes, pictures will follow!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Lisa, i'm going for it. The same pool WAS $350 until yesterday and the sale price changed so I'm grabbing this one...!

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

[QUOTE=kkidik;865277]Hey Suz, come anytime! After we install the new pool of course! Yes, pictures will follow!

Awesome!!! First, we'll have the TFP Texas pool tour; then the U.S. tour including Canada to the northern sections of the U.S.; then we go International!!! Woo Hooo!! I can't wait!

I'm so glad you're grabbing that pool! The sooner the better, right?!!
    Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

Wish there was an easy way to send you mine! I was in Turks and Caicos a few months back! What a beautiful island.

I purchased the 18x48 Intex ultra frame pool last year. We used it for one season before committing to our in-ground pool. Wanted to make sure the kids were going to use the pool.

I now have it in the original box waiting for a new owner. The pump/filter that came with the pool are new and were never used. I wanted to try the SWG route so I purchased the Intex 28681EG 16-Inch Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System. I must say that was the best investment I ever made for the Intex pool. Once I had the system time dialed in, it required almost zero maintenance. Best of all my water was crystal clear. I'd highly recommend the same system, I believe the new version is the CG-28679.

IMG_1574_2.jpg
    2015 Pool Build --> HERE IG 19'x47' w/ 7'x7' in pool spa; 3'6"-8' deep.
    Pentair 520 Filter, IntelliFlow VS XF Pump, IntelliChlor IC60 SWG, IntelliBrite/GloBrite LEDs, IntelliTouch w/Screenlogic2. 400K BTU heater. A&A G4V in-floor cleaning system. WetEdge Prism Matrix Pebble finish. TechoBloc Pavers and Coping.
    Test kits - Taylor K-2006 FAS/DPD, K-1766 Salt, SpeedStir