Hose keeps popping off

afreil

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
Nashville, TN
We just returned from vacation. Left the pool pump and chlorine generator on a timer. Things were a bit dirty when we returned but seemed fine. Since we returned, the hose from the pump to the filter has popped off 3 times. What could be causing this? We've never had this problem before. How can we remedy the problem?

Thanks for any advice.

Have you changed your hoses lately? If not, I would buy a new one.

I woud say, clean well (with maybe isopropyl alcohol) both inside of the hose and the fitting, and tighten the clamp. If the fitting is too tapered, maybe find another one.

And, oh, check the pressure, maybe time to backwash.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for all the responses. We have backwashed, checked the pressure (good), cleaned the hoses with rubbing alcohol AND double-clamped. It's been 24 hours and so far, so good. Next year I think we'll look at hardpiping it. Now we just need to get the water clean. After 2 weeks of vacation and a non-working filter system it is filthy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.