Broken Pilot Screw in Light Niche

Mar 31, 2010
Downingtown, PA
I have a Pentair Light Model Number W-605860 and Pentair Plastic Light Niche Model Number V233298 in a vinyl liner pool. I don't know exactly how it happened but the cover plate around the light came off which I have a basic idea of how it goes back on with some new hardware. However the real problem as I see it is the pilot screw that goes into the top of the cover plate and screws into the niche to hold it in place broke inside the niche. Does anyone have any ideas how to get the broken part of the pilot screw out or a different way to secure the cover plate?

Here is a picture of the light:
IMG_20150703_203244_731.jpg

Really a hard one. My two thoughts that might help is that Pentair makes an adapter ring that fits into the light niche as a repair tool for a broken off screw tab. Second, a company makes a adapter called,Mmm pool block, not sure. The company is called Pool Tools. Its used for broken off light screws and its basicall a plastic wedge with a screw in it. Simple thing, but it does work.

Well I returned from vacation and the new plastic wedge arrived while I was away and I installed it today and seems to do the job and hold the light in place. However when I looked a little closer inside the niche it appears the bonding wire is no longer attached. That explains the extra screw that was given to me when I was told the light was broken by the people swimming at the time. All this is underwater so it is a little difficult to figure out how everything goes together. The niche is plastic and I am assuming it is the Quikniche Vinyl Liner Light Niche although I can't find the model V233298 that is inside the niche to confirm. Any thoughts on the best way to fix or how this is assembled in the niche so I can fix?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.