Pump Noise

It sounds like I can run it a bit before dealing with bearings??? Maybe a couple of hours or so to get things circulated... Plus, it'll be a few days or more before I can get to the fix. Will I run any danger of long term damage/irreversible, or is my best bet to just shut it down completely until I can fix it? I haven't run it today at all. I started it this morning and this is what I heard.

Thanks for the replies. I'll have to dig around on youtube and see about the bearing fix. Probably not too bad, I'm thinking.

Mine worked for almost a year like this, just the sound became real loud eventually. As long as it pumps and does not trip anything, sound is the only botheration. But.....you never know with them pumps so.....I had an above ground pool with flexible hoses, so it was very forgiving. Easy to fix things. So I took many risks, most times unpunished.
In your case....if the potential risk is costly, do not tempt it. Run it in the meanwhile, but start working towards fixing it (or rather replacing).

If the pump is easily detacheable (mine was, it is a snap.....literally, a snap ring, that is it, Hayward Matrix) you could see who screams, and then if you could order pump or motor separately, great (not sure if it is possible).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.