Baby fence on paver patio

Jun 8, 2015
Florida
We are having a baby fence put in over our travertine patio. The pavers are laid over sand only, no concrete. They are drilling holes down through dirt and running sleeves down. Anyone here have this setup? Any problems with pavers moving etc? I was told by manufacturer that concrete needs to be poured underneath pavers to anchor but builder says "they have done hundreds" the sleeve method. Of course, that doesn't mean it worked out for those customers. Looking back, I would have poured a footer myself all the way around the pool.

Well I guess I should have looked into this sooner. They are at the house installing now. It's travertine in a French pattern so various sizes. I think they're about 1.25" thick. I ran home to meet them. The sleeves are only little (about 8") plastic sleeves. I raised concerns to installer. He said " well, there's a right way and a wrong way". Apparently, my builder is only interested in the wrong way. Anyways, I have text messages to builder stating all concerns (including my conversation with the fence manufacturer) and builder reassured me that everything will be fine. As far as I'm concerned, if this fence pulls up pavers (no matter how long from now), they will be handling it for free. Having everything in writing gives me a little peace of mind. Also, fence looked to be around 4ft tall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.