Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Baby fence on paver patio

1. Back To Top    #1

Baby fence on paver patio

We are having a baby fence put in over our travertine patio. The pavers are laid over sand only, no concrete. They are drilling holes down through dirt and running sleeves down. Anyone here have this setup? Any problems with pavers moving etc? I was told by manufacturer that concrete needs to be poured underneath pavers to anchor but builder says "they have done hundreds" the sleeve method. Of course, that doesn't mean it worked out for those customers. Looking back, I would have poured a footer myself all the way around the pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Baby fence on paver patio

What size pavers are we talking about? That could influence the responses you receive. If you feel like posting a pic of the area, sleeve, etc, that would help as well. Baby fence - about 2-3ft high?
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Well I guess I should have looked into this sooner. They are at the house installing now. It's travertine in a French pattern so various sizes. I think they're about 1.25" thick. I ran home to meet them. The sleeves are only little (about 8") plastic sleeves. I raised concerns to installer. He said " well, there's a right way and a wrong way". Apparently, my builder is only interested in the wrong way. Anyways, I have text messages to builder stating all concerns (including my conversation with the fence manufacturer) and builder reassured me that everything will be fine. As far as I'm concerned, if this fence pulls up pavers (no matter how long from now), they will be handling it for free. Having everything in writing gives me a little peace of mind. Also, fence looked to be around 4ft tall.

4. Back To Top    #4

Itll work fine. I'm assuming the baby fence is not meant to be permenant either?
    I also assume they are drilling between the pavers in a joint?
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by bk406 View Post
    Itll work fine. I'm assuming the baby fence is not meant to be permenant either?
    I also assume they are drilling between the pavers in a joint?
    The baby fence will probably stay up full time for the most part. My wife sent a couple pics. Looks like they drilled in joints. I'll post pics when I get home.