Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ground leveling to install 22' x 52"

1. Back To Top    #1

Elk City, Okalahoma

Ground leveling to install 22' x 52"

I have had intex pools before. I just purchased the 22 x 52 round ultra frame pool. I need to level the ground, then I was going to lay a tarp then put down sand then use the gorilla foam mates. My first question is how much sand will I need to give me a good 2 to 3" base. Second question is there something that can be put in between the poles to keep the sand from coming out and give the pool more support? Has anyone used a sand and saltwalter system together? How much salt will I need to add to the pool? Lots of questions, but really could use all the help I can get. I want this one to last long time.

Thank you all Tina
    Tina in Oklahoma

2. Back To Top    #2

Oakbank, Canada

Re: Ground leveling to install 22' x 52"

I would save your money on the sand and use it to buy some foam sheets instead for the bottom, much better. Level the ground, lay in your support blocks, then throw a Gorilla mat down and foam sheets. Put pool right over that, your good to go.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

3. Back To Top    #3
    TFP Guide
    Central PA

My husband had me order 5 ton for my 26', and there was quite a bit extra. Our Gorilla pad was 27 feet, so we let the extra hang over the blocks under the legs, and we are going to put some leftover gravel over it. We leveled the blocks,and the pad should reassure that the blocks don't rub on the liner. Also the pad should keep the sand from washing away. Nearly filled, the bottom feels great, much better than our old setup in the 18'. We set the new one up on the edge of a field, needed added insurance against grass and bugs.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tucson, AZ

Don't put 2" of sand under the pool. It will wash away or critters will dig tunnels in it and your pool will sink.
    Dig the ground down to level within 1/2" or so.
    You can use either sand or crusher run (preferably) to smooth that out. But it's the ground that should support the pool, not sand.
    Then put down foam for a nice base.
    Intex 12'x24'x52"
    8,403 gallons
    Intex SF60110 2450 GPH Sand Filter
    Intex CS8110 SWG
    Aquabot AJET121I Pool Rover S20-40