Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Night owl? Morning person?

1. Back To Top    #1

Night owl? Morning person?

I am definitely a night owl. I don't work in the summer and usually go to bed between 2:00-3:00am and get up between 10:00-11:00am. I just feel better when I'm on this time. When I head back to work in the fall, it's a struggle to get up at 5:00am all year.
    18x36 IG, Vinyl, 20K Gal., Sand Filter, 1HP pool pump, 3/4HP slide pump, Taylor k-2006.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Night owl? Morning person?

I am a night owl too! I am off for summer break and I usually go to sleep around 3:30- and wake up about 10:30a. I will hate going back to work and will be a zombie for the first two weeks.

Intex Ultra Frame 18 x 48 Vinyl
    6500 Gallons
    Krystal Clear Filter Pump
    with 1,500 gph (110-120)

3. Back To Top    #3

Hello night owls. I had four days off and I basically slept for three of them. Now, I cannot fall asleep and my alarm will ring in 3.5 hours. Years ago, I worked a rotating shift and my favorite was 10pm - 6am. I really like staying up all night and sleeping all day. Then, college degrees and being a "professional" pulled me away from that life. I am going to try and sleep now.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

4. Back To Top    #4

I claim night owl for tonight too. Maybe this bottle of red will help.

I wish...
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Complete opposite here. I like to fish and hunt and am self employed so i get out early mornings and my body has adjusted after too many early mornings.

I am up by 5 AM and asleep in my chair at 9PM
    21,000 gallon inground
    Haywood Sand Filter
    Vinyl Liner

6. Back To Top    #6

Do I have friends in education on here? Kevin and aserrano your answers are exactly what I would have typed! Enjoy your summer!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin11 View Post
    I am definitely a night owl. I don't work in the summer and usually go to bed between 2:00-3:00am and get up between 10:00-11:00am. I just feel better when I'm on this time. When I head back to work in the fall, it's a struggle to get up at 5:00am all year.

Quote Originally Posted by aserrano36 View Post
    I am a night owl too! I am off for summer break and I usually go to sleep around 3:30- and wake up about 10:30a. I will hate going back to work and will be a zombie for the first two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent using Tapatalk
    ~ 18.5' x 36.5' inground Grecian pool with vinyl liner
    ~ approximately 23,000 gallons
    ~ AquaRite Salt Water Generator cell size t-9
    ~ 1.5 HP Hayward Pump and Hayward Sand Filter
    ~ TF-100 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by ship of fools View Post
    Complete opposite here. I like to fish and hunt and am self employed so i get out early mornings and my body has adjusted after too many early mornings.

I am up by 5 AM and asleep in my chair at 9PM
    Or earlier....."Babe, wake up....it's time to go to bed!"
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

8. Back To Top    #8

Yes, middle school PE. I'm surprised I can even spell or type! A little PE humor! Enjoy your summer as well. It seems to always fly by when you hit July.
    Quote Originally Posted by appstategrad View Post
    Do I have friends in education on here? Kevin and aserrano your answers are exactly what I would have typed! Enjoy your summer!

Sent using Tapatalk
    18x36 IG, Vinyl, 20K Gal., Sand Filter, 1HP pool pump, 3/4HP slide pump, Taylor k-2006.

9. Back To Top    #9

I use to be up late, and sleep in as much as i could. Kids changed that! I don't have a set schedule at work so I like to get in at 7 and get out by 3. Getting up early stinks, but, coming home and still having some sunlight is better.
    ~Matt~ Radiant Metric 24'x52" 14k- built into a slope. CircuPool Si-30 SWCG. Jandy 200 SqFt cartridge filter. Pentair Optiflow 2-speed 1HP pump. Wanda the Whale. TF-100 Test Kit. Hard Plumbed.
    My Build w/ lots of pics

10. Back To Top    #10

I work in the office. I was a school secretary for 12 years(no summers off). So I decide to change my position so now I have 8 weeks off in the summer! I love it!

Intex Ultra Frame 18 x 48 Vinyl
    6500 Gallons
    Krystal Clear Filter Pump
    with 1,500 gph (110-120)

11. Back To Top    #11

Lol, nice PE humor Kevin. It does fly by for sure...we go back in mid-August. While I miss the kids, I also miss my time getting caught up on everything at home that gets put on the back burner due to school responsibilities!! I'm not very good at balance sometimes! Aserrano, I bet so...nice change after working in the summer!
    Yes, middle school PE. I'm surprised I can even spell or type! A little PE humor! Enjoy your summer as well. It seems to always fly by when you hit July.
    Quote Originally Posted by aserrano36 View Post
    I work in the office. I was a school secretary for 12 years(no summers off). So I decide to change my position so now I have 8 weeks off in the summer! I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent using Tapatalk
    ~ TF-100 test kit

12. Back To Top    #12

Some people are sunrise and some are sunset, I'm a sunrise person. I get up at 4:30am for work. Even on weekends I'm up at 5:00 for no reason, no matter how late I go to bed. It's so nice not dealing with AM traffic and weekends and are so pleasant to have coffee and read the paper by by the pool real early. No noises from neighbors, cars or the neighborhood kids. Only noise is the birds chirping.
    Doughboy 12' x 20' Saphire semi-AG, Installed 2012
    Waterway 1.5 HP 2 speed, 100 sqft cartridge filter
    Aprox 7000 Gal, Full sun, 85K heat pump,
    TF-100 test kit

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by LI poolguy View Post
    Some people are sunrise and some are sunset, I'm a sunrise person. I get up at 4:30am for work. Even on weekends I'm up at 5:00 for no reason, no matter how late I go to bed. It's so nice not dealing with AM traffic and weekends and are so pleasant to have coffee and read the paper by by the pool real early. No noises from neighbors, cars or the neighborhood kids. Only noise is the birds chirping.
    What a great way to start the day. When I worked shifts and came home around 7, I would sit on the front porch and bask in the morning sun as my neighbors headed off to work. That was very relaxing.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

14. Back To Top    #14

I am an up at 5:00 am and abed at 9:00 pm. Early morning is great for Pool Care and a little breakfast on the patio.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

15. Back To Top    #15

When I was younger, I use to work 7 day swing shifts. I always preferred 2nd or 3rd shift over days. Then they switched to 12hr shifts 1 month on days then 1 month on nights. Still preferred the night shifts.

16. Back To Top    #16

TFP Guide

I've worked all kinds of shifts. If I had to pick I would say I like 2nd the best. I lived on a lake at the time and the best times to fish are early in the morning and right at dusk. So I would get up, fish, work, fish, and go to sleep. Was great.

Now a days I'm up at 4:00am back in bed around 11:00pm. I like to watch TV in peace, so the morning is my chance.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

17. Back To Top    #17

Hey Kevin, how can we convince the states to open a "2nd shift" school? All this research has been done on how teenagers are not morning people, and we didn't really need research to tell us that!! I'd absolutely be on the transfer list ASAP!!
    When I was younger, I use to work 7 day swing shifts. I always preferred 2nd or 3rd shift over days. Then they switched to 12hr shifts 1 month on days then 1 month on nights. Still preferred the night shifts.

Sent using Tapatalk
    ~ TF-100 test kit

18. Back To Top    #18

Up at 5:00AM wife goes to work back in bed by 7:00AM Actually I get to the GYM by 6:30 5 days a week.\, weekends i've been known to sleep to 7
    In ground 20,000gal - pebble-tec - salt, Intelliflo pump, Sta-Rite filter 450 sq ft ,Hayward 6060 booster pump, non functioning Aqua Rite SWCG, TF 100 test kit.