Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool newbie

1. Back To Top    #1

Smile Pool newbie

Hello everyone. I set up my first pool today. It is a round above ground vinyl pool, 10 feet across, and 23 inches deep, 1102 gallons. For this type of pool using the TFP
    method, how much bleach and the other grocery items should I add to this type of pool each day? or each week? Thanks!

Ben
    10' round vinyl pool, 23" deep, 1102 gal. above ground, RX 600 filter system, 65 watts, 1.7 amps.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool newbie

Welcome to TFP!

There is an article in Pool School that explains a method for temporary/seasonal pools like yours. I think in the How To section.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hello Ben! Here is a direct link to the page Jason mentions above: Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools
    To assist you in determining the amount of chemicals to add, use our Poolmath calculator: http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

This should get you going, but if you have any more questions, just ask.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools

Oops, simultaneous post. It's a good read, and not intimidating. I think I'll be pointing people to this guide more often - not every new owner of a small AG pool is receptive to the standard advice of "read five articles in Pool School and buy this expensive/complicated test kit NOW." Don't get me wrong, it's good advice, but the new owner of a small pool may find it overwhelming initially.
    18' x 48" ring top pool (Summer Escapes); 5500 gallons; set up June - October, stored during winter; Intex 2500 gph pump (B size cartridge filter) Hayward 21" sand filter + 1.5 hp single speed Powerflo Matrix pump (upgrade October 2016) *** K-2006 test kit, refills from tftestkits