Intermatic Timer Problem

Seth R

Jul 6, 2015
Margate, FL
I just replaced my timer mechanism and there seems to be a strange problem. The timer gears are only visibly moving when the timer is switched on manually. As soon as the timer goes off (I'm assuming) or is turned off manually (confirmed), the gears stop turning. I am stumped on this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tested the lines to the timer and they are live when the timer is switched on or off just as they have always been and the timer kept time for years until the motor went out recently. Clueless.

seth, could you post a picture, it worth a thousand words :) The new one may have a different wiring or connections...

Cowboy, thank you for your quick reply and offer to help. I actually took another look and realized I made a slight mistake. Had a line and load reversed. Ugh!!! Silly me. Problem solved. Seems to be working fine now. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.